An extremely early example of Tiffany's Flower Form vases, likely one of the first produced shortly after Tiffany and Arthur J. Nash began glass production at their complex in Queens.
The elongated transparent calyx-form vase features horizontal ribbing in addition to an iridescent flame design in amber rising from the stem, on a clear domed foot.
This rare early vase was part of Louis Comfort Tiffany's private collection and was on display at his palatial Long Island estate, Laurelton Hall. After his death, Tiffany left the home and its contents to the Louis Comfort Tiffany Foundation, which held an auction in 1946 to raise funds to continue their mission.
Height: 17 1/4 inches (44 cm)