Likely dating from the short period during which Vally Wieselthier worked in her own Viennese studio during the early 1920s, prior to returning to the Wiener Werkstätte as Director of the Ceramic Workshop in 1927, this spectacular and rare five-cup ceramic candelabrum features an allover raised decoration articulated in deeply pigmented cobalt-blue and salmon-red dripping glazes.
Height: 16 inches (40 centimeters)
Similar examples are illustrated in the following publications:
- Marianne Hörmann, Vally Wieselthier, 1895-1945 (Wien: Böhlau, 1999), p. 137
- Waltraud Neuwirth, Wiener Keramik: Historismus, Jugendstil, Art Deco (Braunschweig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1974), p. 114